Removing the LH and EZK is a bit of work but not difficult.
- First disconnect the battery ground strap, just to be sure no accidents
- Remove the carpet cover at the passenger side (LHD) footwell.
- Pull back the carpet that covers the relays and fuse panel. Open it by
removing the wooden cover.
- Next undo the connector of the EZK and the LH ecu which you see after
removing the carpet cover.
- Remove the two hex-key bolts that hold the metal bracket to the side.
Now the bracket moves a little.
- If you have a IMR relay (relay at the bottom with a large white
connector), disconnect the connector.
- Gently move the panel towards you and when there is room, disconnect the
coding cable. Now it is free to move.
- Take the bracket out from the car. The LH (on the right side) has some
8mm nuts and washers that hold it to the bracket. Remove those.
- The EZK is on the left side on the bracket. Remove 4 bolts to remove it.
- The LH and the EZK can be taken off now.
1992 928GTS midnight blue