Can someone tell me (in general) what parts to remove to replace the above cable.
928S Euro Auto 1981
1) Remove ground cable.
2) Remove shift handle and rubber boot.
3) Remove cover frame.
Put lever in "2" and push rear locking bar forward against stop with a scribe.
Put lever in "R", disconnect gate and push as far forward as possible.
Push front locking bar forward against stop with a scribe.
Put lever in "P" and carefully pop out left rear corner of the cover frame.
Put lever in "N" and remove cover and frame to the rear.
Put lever in "3".
Push gate in frame forward all the way.
Insert cover and frame, and move lever to "P".
Lift left rear corner slightly and insert right and front of cover and frame, then push down on left rear.
Put lever between "R" and "P", disconnect gate on selector lever and push forward.
Push front locking bar toward rear until it locks.
Put lever in "3" and push rear locking bar back until it locks.
Reinstall gate, rubber boot and shift handle.
4) Pull bulb carrier from clips.
5) Mark selector base, then remove mounting screws.
6) Loosen intermediate muffler shield and push aside.
7) Disconnect selector cable from transmission lever and detach cable sleeve on brackets.
8) Take off ball head, hex nut and mounting parts.
9) Attach a strong wire to cable at transmission, and then pull selector base and attached cable forward and out.
10) Remove cable from base.
11) Reinstallation is in reverse order.